Denver Press Club Member Code of Conduct
Denver Press Club members are expected to maintain the highest standards of dignity, fairness and integrity. The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to bolster public confidence in the integrity and professional standards of the Denver Press Club.
The Denver Press Club exists to foster and further the work of the free press, where the honest and open discussion of the issues of the day are encouraged in an environment of respect and dignity, where all members and guests feel welcome.
Vision and Principles
Members have a right to:
- Be treated fairly, equally and with respect by the Denver Press Club, its employees, members, and other guests.
- Socialize in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination.
- Privacy and confidentiality concerning records, documentation and any other communication containing a member’s personal information, unless consent is otherwise provided.
- Be informed and actively involved in all club events and offerings.
- Voice their opinions and suggestions to the Board of Directors.
- Recognize that the club is a place for honest, frank discussion of the issues of the day but at the same time treat other members, guests, staff and other patrons (where a social club function is being held) fairly, equally and with respect and courtesy.
- Behave responsibly and ensure they conduct themselves in a manner which will not injure the reputation of the club, its events, organizers, participants or sponsors.
- Not physically or verbally harass others.
- Report any inappropriate behavior of a member, employee, or guest to the Board of Directors for action and follow up.
- Abide by and uphold the Constitution and Code of Conduct.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct
- Any member or guest not behaving in accordance with the terms of the Code of Conduct at an event of the club may be asked to leave the function by the club manager or staff and will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid.
- The inappropriate behavior of any members will be investigated and an appropriate course of action will be taken by the Board of Directors, which may include a reprimand, suspension or revocation of membership.