Membership Home to media, public relations, advertising, education and politics
We welcome you to join the Denver Press Club – the nation's oldest press club, which traces its first organizational meeting to 1867.
Here's what we offer:
- The opportunity to rub elbows and socialize with more than 433 members from many professions: both active and retired media, public relations, advertising, education, health care, government, law, lobbyists, students and others. That cross-section of professions makes for some interesting discussions at the bar, in the dining room and at events. You DO NOT have to be a member of the media to join the club.
- We offer an inexpensive buffet supper on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights, cooked by club manager Raines Guinn, who is an outstanding chef.
- A discounted rate on renting club facilities – and we rent it for everything, such as committee meetings, networking events, associations' events, workshops, seminars, birthday parties, anniversaries, weddings, rehearsal dinners, trade fairs, holiday parties – just about anything you can think of.
- We offer great events. The biggest ones include the Damon Runyon Award Banquet, Gridiron Show and Hall of Fame. And we have plenty of other attractive, interesting things going on, such as the Book Beat and Lunch on Deadline events.
- Most of all, we offer great camaraderie with folks from a wide variety of backgrounds. But no matter what they do, they have several common interests: They love the Press Club. They have a reverence for journalism, great writing and editing, literary works and the First Amendment.
- Members have reciprocal privileges at other press clubs, such as the Overseas Press Club in New York City and the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.
- Members receive a weekly newsletter via email, outlining future events and delivering the latest club news.
The cost is moderate for a private club, and for a press club that is maintaining a three-story building that dates to 1925.
- A regular one-year membership costs $250.
- The cost is $110 for active members of the media, book authors and publishers.
- It's just $100 for retirees.
- It's only $60 for students and nonresidents (those living outside the seven-county Denver metro area).
- Corporate memberships, which include three individuals, cost $600.
DONATE TO THE DENVER PRESS CLUBYOUR GENEROSITY TODAY CONTRIBUTES TO FREE AND ROBUST JOURNALISM TOMORROW
Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of our democratic society, and the Denver Press Club is dedicated to promoting a strong and independent journalism profession for the future. Your gift to the Denver Press Club is an investment in that future, supporting:
- Scholarships for journalism students enrolled in Colorado colleges or universities.
- Educational workshops, forums and other programs sponsored by the Denver Press Club.
- Other activities that advance the Denver Press Club or the journalism profession.
The Denver Press Club is a special place where conversations begin. Since 1867, journalists, civic leaders and history makers have gathered here to socialize and exchange ideas. Donate now to ensure that the club will continue this legacy as a vibrant part of Denver society.
Donate online to the Denver Press Club online. For your protection, all transactions are processed through a secure server operated by PayPal. Credit card gifts may be subject to a fee assessed by the credit card company.