We welcome you to join the Denver Press Club – the nation's oldest press club, which traces its first organizational meeting to 1867.
Here's what we offer:
- The opportunity to rub elbows and socialize with more than 433 members from many professions: both active and retired media, public relations, advertising, education, health care, government, law, lobbyists, students and others. That cross-section of professions makes for some interesting discussions at the bar, in the dining room and at events. You DO NOT have to be a member of the media to join the club.
- A discounted rate on renting club facilities – and we rent it for everything, such as committee meetings, networking events, associations' events, workshops, seminars, birthday parties, anniversaries, weddings, rehearsal dinners, trade fairs, holiday parties – just about anything you can think of.
- We offer great events. The biggest ones include the Damon Runyon Award Banquet and Hall of Fame. And we have plenty of other attractive, interesting things going on, such as the Book Beat and Lunch on Deadline events.
- Most of all, we offer great camaraderie with folks from a wide variety of backgrounds. But no matter what they do, they have several common interests: They love the Press Club. They have a reverence for journalism, great writing and editing, literary works and the First Amendment.
- Members have reciprocal privileges at other press clubs, such as the Overseas Press Club in New York City and the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.
- Members receive a weekly newsletter via email, outlining future events and delivering the latest club news.
Your dues give you full membership privlediges and help maintain our historic home that dates to back to 1925.
- A regular one-year membership costs $260.
- The cost is $130 for active members of the media, book authors and publishers.
- $130 for retirees.
- $60 for students and nonresidents (those living outside the seven-county Denver metro area).
- Corporate memberships cost $260 for one membership and $200 for additional memberships.